From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Waveforms from Tektronixs DPO 4000 Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Eventually I would like to program a Tektronix DPO 4104B oscilloscope to trigger on a rising edge for a number of cycles.  In the meantime, I would like to just create a program that will save the waveform/image on the 'scope. 

I have not used any of the drivers in my code, but I have looked at some of the examples.  I have used the programmer's manual to set up commands for configuring the different channels, trigger, etc.  I used the following commands in my code the way the manual says to save waveforms (which can be seen in my VI):

SAVe:WAVEform

SAVe:WAVEform:FILEFormat

However, it is not saving and it is not giving an error.  Has anyone else had this problem before?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _natalie_

Why do you need to save waveforms on the scope, not on the PC, using LabVIEW file functions?

Did you try saving/recalling manually from the scope menu to the same path?

I can not open VI (still 2011), but you know that it saves locally (scope path, not PC)?

Message 2 of 5
(4,382 Views)

Alexander is right, when you use SAVE:WAVE it will not transfer data to you computer but to the internal memory, the CompactFlash drive (D:) or USB drive (E:,F:,G:) of the scope.

To transfer the waveform data to your PC refer to section "Waveform Transfer Command Group" of the programmer manual.

Ben64

Message 3 of 5
(4,367 Views)

I can't believe I didn't realize that!  Thank you so much for pointing that out to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,350 Views)

Thank you showing me where to look. This is the first time I have programmed an oscilloscope!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,348 Views)