cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Waveforms from Tektronixs DPO 4000 Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Eventually I would like to program a Tektronix DPO 4104B oscilloscope to trigger on a rising edge for a number of cycles.  In the meantime, I would like to just create a program that will save the waveform/image on the 'scope. 

I have not used any of the drivers in my code, but I have looked at some of the examples.  I have used the programmer's manual to set up commands for configuring the different channels, trigger, etc.  I used the following commands in my code the way the manual says to save waveforms (which can be seen in my VI):

SAVe:WAVEform

SAVe:WAVEform:FILEFormat

However, it is not saving and it is not giving an error.  Has anyone else had this problem before?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _natalie_

Why do you need to save waveforms on the scope, not on the PC, using LabVIEW file functions?

Did you try saving/recalling manually from the scope menu to the same path?

I can not open VI (still 2011), but you know that it saves locally (scope path, not PC)?

Message 2 of 5
(4,390 Views)

Alexander is right, when you use SAVE:WAVE it will not transfer data to you computer but to the internal memory, the CompactFlash drive (D:) or USB drive (E:,F:,G:) of the scope.

To transfer the waveform data to your PC refer to section "Waveform Transfer Command Group" of the programmer manual.

Ben64

Message 3 of 5
(4,375 Views)

I can't believe I didn't realize that!  Thank you so much for pointing that out to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,358 Views)

Thank you showing me where to look. This is the first time I have programmed an oscilloscope!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,356 Views)