LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Peak Detector Data with Time Information

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you for the VI. I am not sure what's going on (can't run your code) but if for example your acquisition fails (for what ever reason) the processing VIs (IIR Filter first) will receive null data and that may be why you get that error. You are correctly propagating the error cluster through your DAQmx chain but since you are not:

1 - inserting processing in that error chain

2 - stop your loop on error

it may be why you see the filter error first even though it's not the real root cause of your problem.

Can you try to include all sub-VIs in you error cluster propagation chain and also stop your loop at the end of that chain on error (make the stop condition an OR of Stop and Error)? Also keep the 'voltage' graph that displays the actual acquired data inside your loop visible, it's also a good debugging option. Right now that graph is empty another sign leading to believe your acquisition failed.

So try to debug step by step, eventually using probes. Do I have an error on my DAQmx acquisition chain? Is my acquired data ok? Does my filtered data look ok? Do the detected frequencies and level look ok? ... and so on.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(515 Views)

This solution worked. Aparently the issue I had was coming from the wait time between iterations in the while loops. Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(493 Views)