LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Labview table to excel

First I wish to apologize for my complete ignorance, I have not used labview in a while and past experiences were somewhat basic. I am using labview to prompt a user to enter general data about a test being done,  I am able to put user  responses into a table in labview.  I would like have LV save this data to a excel spread sheet  to automate the data logging process. I have included what I have done so far ( I have a long way to go, but I would like to get the general function of saving to excel down first before I make this pretty). What I have tried to do is to modify the example 'write table to xl' but I am having a hard time modifying the table in this example through user like I have done in my VI 'test metrics'.  Thankyou very much for any and all assistance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,813 Views)

Hi LVnoob_real_bad,

There are some missing subvis in the Write Table to XL example. So I'm not sure what you plan to do in the example vi. Do you want to log on demand or log data continuously (replacing the previous table value with the current)?

I'll just give some examples on how to write to excel file. As shown below is an example of how I can store the file the text file:

First I prompt the user for the file. If it is not found, I'll create a new file. Then I convert the data from the data from string array to spreadsheet string. So I can choose to save the data from the table to the text file by pressing modify. Once you are done data logging, you can drag the .txt file on the excel worksheet and it should be showing the data in spreadsheet just like how you would see from the table. (I have also tested on creating a .xls first before writing to it using Write to Text file and it worked)  

save to excel 1.JPG

Alternatively, you can use Invoke Node to save a particular value in the table or you can highlight everything from the table to save into an excel file. when I press the boolean control after highlighting the values in the table at the front panel, it should export the data the temperory excel file which you need to save later.  

save to excel 2.JPG

Hope that helps

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,764 Views)