LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save waveform data to .TXT

Hi all,

I'm acquiring data from one machine. I show all data from each channel on graph, which works OK, for different sample rate. What I want is to save this data to .TXT file.

Please take a look at my picture. What I need into .TXT file is value for each channel at each iteration. I tried to save  "value" Y from each "build waveform", but what I get is data on picture. It's always saving previous data(see picture at bottom), but I need just:

17:49:16 28,192885
17:49:16 28,193563
17:49:16

PICTURE:

Untitled.png

(3,429 Views)

Well, if you are saving the Y array then obviously you would be saving multiple points. You do not show how the actual saving is being done and I have no idea what the clfn is returning as far as different channels. If the 1D array is single reads of multiple channels than you simply index that array.

Message 2 of 27
(3,420 Views)

I'm saving like this (I know I must put "open and close" block outside of while loop, but this is not my problem right now). How can I index then to save just value of each itteration...

Untitled.png

(3,417 Views)

You could actually explain what the clrn is returning. I said what to do if the 1D array was single samples of multiple channels. Apparently you did not read that part?

Message 4 of 27
(3,412 Views)

clfn (ReceiveMPData) return:

value(Y) which is output data for all channels:

Untitled.png

(3,408 Views)

So, I already answered your question it would appear. You could also wire the 1D array to Array to Spreadsheet and wire that to the write file with the timestamp.

Message 6 of 27
(3,404 Views)

So if I understand you, I use "index array" block and how can I just index last value; because I need just last value of each iteration, which is "current" value.

(3,398 Views)

Well I tried to add "index array" and add to "index" value "-1", but then it's saving all zeros to .txt file;

What I actually need is to get last element of array. With block "decimate 1D array" I just decimate array because channel samples are interleaved.

I hope someone actually understand what I want.

(3,389 Views)

That does not make any sense. If, as you say, the 1D array is a single sample from each channel, then index 0 would be channel 1, index 1 would be channel 2, etc. Why do you just want the last element when you originally said you wanted all channels? I also said that you could wire the 1D array directly to the Array to Spreadsheet String. That would give you a list of channels with a separator between them. Your decimate array, etc is not relevant since you only want to record the current acquisition - not your entire plot.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,382 Views)

I have 5 channels (array that I received from clfn). With decimate to 1D array I received 5 Y values for each channel separate. I need to save for each channel data into .txt file (logging data).

(3,378 Views)