cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save variable value on rising edge

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My setup is rather complicated (and doesn't work properly yet) ... anyway I attach the whole code.

What I'm interested in at this moment is how to save for posterior use the value of variable "Polarization" on rising edge of "Min. Found".

The 1st idea that come is create another event case for "Min. Found" changes, where save in a shift register, but problem is "Min. Found" changes will fire on both rising and falling edges.

Thanks in advance

Pavel

Save_Polarization_value.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavel_47

Pavel_47 wrote: but problem is "Min. Found" changes will fire on both rising and falling edges.

It is actually worse than that.  The Min Found Value Change will fire with any write, regardless if the value changed or not.  This is one of the dangers of using the Value (Signaling) property.

Do a search for Boolean Crossing PtByPt.  It is a useful VI for this situation.  It will output a TRUE with the edge that you tell it.  After that, just use a case structure and do whatever calculations you want in there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,719 Views)

Thanks,

Indeed, very useful block

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,685 Views)