From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save transistor I-V curves to TDMS

I have very little experience with TDMS files. To me they seemed to be great for recording data as a function of time. However I am trying to record I-V curves of a transistor. x-axis is drain voltate and y-axis is drain current. Does any one have an example of save non-time dependant data to a TDMS file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,079 Views)

It shouldn't really be necessary to worry about saving the two directly with relation to each other, when I encountered this problem I simply saved the desired data as two seperate channels, assuming your current is going to be incrementally developed you can just save the voltage and knowing the start value and increment for the current rebuild the curve later from this. Or possibly just save both the voltage and current they will appear plotted against time in the inbuilt TDMS viewer but you should be able to extract them as pure arrays of data at a later date as you wish.

[EDIT] Ok  I reread that and bothered myself, moral of the story, just save the Voltage and current data as two different channels and extract later, that will basically treat the values as independent arrays.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,057 Views)