From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save table in picture file - error 6

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having problems saving a table control to a picture file.  Getting error 6 - generica file i/o error.  Any thoughts?  Test VI attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,488 Views)

Forgot to mention - using LabVIEW 64-bit.  If ActiveX involved, this could be the problem.  Is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,482 Views)

One thought, Strip the path first and then build. Or use Application directory primitive, also make sure the path is available.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,479 Views)

The table control shows up fine in the picture control.  Has nothing to do with path.  Did you try it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DonRothGE

Yes. Your VI name is for example 123.vi and here you are trying to create a folder name 123.vi and then the .png file which cannot be done. Try to create a sample file anywhere in your PC and with the same name along with the extension try to create a folder and see what happens. So when you use the Current VI path it will give the path along with the VI extansion and on top of it you are trying to create a folder which as said will not happen. Please try the method I suggested earlier.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 5 of 6
(2,454 Views)

You are 100% correct and my apologies.  My rustiness is showing as I had put a probe on the path and my eyes did not see the ".vi" in there. Thanks for taking a second look.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,450 Views)