From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save multiple images from same graph during runtime.

Hello!

I am acquiring real time data at a fixed rate. So for example each 0.5 sec I acquire a new curve on the graph (in the front panel), and I need to save all of them automatically in a folder after stoping the acqiusition.

I am using the Get Image method to write PNG file, but this gives me only the last curve. 

Is there a way to save images continuously at my acqusition rate (updating the file name each time) so as not to miss any of the curves?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,641 Views)

Ahmed,

is it really necessary to store the images of the graph? Isn't it more suitable to save the data itself?

Besides those questions: If you export a graph (invoke node), you will export the graph "as is". Meaning: If you don't export the graph each 0.5s, you will only get the actually graph once you do it. The graph does not store a "history".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,599 Views)

Thanks Norbert for replying.

Image or data both are fine, I just dont wanna miss any frame.

That is exactly my question, I wanna store all the data during the run time not only the last frame, is it possible?

If I will export every 0.5 sec, it there a way to increment the file name where it stores the data so as not to overwrite it?

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,588 Views)

You could use Write To SpreadSheet File to log your data continuously into separate files or appending to a single one.

Please note that from performance point of view, you should look into file streaming.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,583 Views)

Thanks very much for your help.

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,561 Views)