LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save multiple images from same graph during runtime.

Hello!

I am acquiring real time data at a fixed rate. So for example each 0.5 sec I acquire a new curve on the graph (in the front panel), and I need to save all of them automatically in a folder after stoping the acqiusition.

I am using the Get Image method to write PNG file, but this gives me only the last curve. 

Is there a way to save images continuously at my acqusition rate (updating the file name each time) so as not to miss any of the curves?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,644 Views)

Ahmed,

is it really necessary to store the images of the graph? Isn't it more suitable to save the data itself?

Besides those questions: If you export a graph (invoke node), you will export the graph "as is". Meaning: If you don't export the graph each 0.5s, you will only get the actually graph once you do it. The graph does not store a "history".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,602 Views)

Thanks Norbert for replying.

Image or data both are fine, I just dont wanna miss any frame.

That is exactly my question, I wanna store all the data during the run time not only the last frame, is it possible?

If I will export every 0.5 sec, it there a way to increment the file name where it stores the data so as not to overwrite it?

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,591 Views)

You could use Write To SpreadSheet File to log your data continuously into separate files or appending to a single one.

Please note that from performance point of view, you should look into file streaming.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,586 Views)

Thanks very much for your help.

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,564 Views)