LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save data starting with 0 second

Solved!
Go to solution

No I mean it shouldn't be involved with minute values. It is supposed to start from 0 till the amount of seconds the program has run for, like 0s till 1000s

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(445 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:

No I mean it shouldn't be involved with minute values. It is supposed to start from 0 till the amount of seconds the program has run for, like 0s till 1000s

Then use my second suggestion. I presented you with both options. The result of the subtraction of the two times is nothing more than the number of seconds between the two times. Simply use that value.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(441 Views)

Thank you so much. I finally got what I want!! Thanks Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(436 Views)

Anyway I have a question; why did you wire the data array to the case structure without having any outputs?

question.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(430 Views)

As I already said above, you need to format it as a number, not as a time.

for example as follows:

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(419 Views)

Wiring the output of the results of your processing to the case statement forces the case statement to execute after all your processing is completed. This is the essence of data flow programming. Any node in LabVIEW will execute only after ALL of its inputs are satisified. The value of the wire I connected to the case structure will not be available until the other code executes. Therefore, the case structure will not execute until then. If you remove the wire the case structure will execute in parallel to the other code. Given that getting a simple timestamp will happen instantly your timestamp will most likely be the time when your other code began, not completed.

Depending on when you want this timestamp to be taken (before or after) will decide whether you want that wire there or not.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(402 Views)