From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save chart data to the file constantly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Yes, I tried that and it gives an error. I discribed it earlier today.

I am now configured the program via DAQmx Configure Logging as 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,535 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnaKra

Hello

Please see the attached snippet.

It's based on 

Message 12 of 15
(1,518 Views)

Basically, I am trying to achieve a functionality of Signal Express software. However, it also cannot save more than 65000 symbols per text or excel file, but it saves it in graph form so I can go through the whole time while the graph data was recorded. If that saving into the file is a real problem in Labview in any case, then saving a graph data with the possibility of scrolling through it is a solution. Do you possibly have any ideas on implementing that? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,481 Views)

Dear Helsinki,

You really need to attach your VI or Project (if there are multiple files, combine them into a ZIP file).  Many of us stream data to disk in various formats (in my case, I'm collecting 16-24 channels of data at 1KHz on a LabVIEW RT system + asynchronous "Event" data such as digital I/O transitions, TCP-ing it to a PC, and streaming the sampled data in one file and the Event data in a second, .XML, file).  So what you are trying to do is definitely do-able and even simple, but there are Traps for the Unwary.  Without seeing your code, we cannot point out the Traps.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,452 Views)

@Helsinki wrote:

Basically, I am trying to achieve a functionality of Signal Express software. However, it also cannot save more than 65000 symbols per text or excel file, but it saves it in graph form so I can go through the whole time while the graph data was recorded. If that saving into the file is a real problem in Labview in any case, then saving a graph data with the possibility of scrolling through it is a solution. Do you possibly have any ideas on implementing that? 

65000 sounds suspiciously like an Excel limitation (a plain text file should work though).  Versions before Excel 2007 have that limit:  https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=excel%2065000%20row%20l...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,440 Views)