From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save all (This Project/Library/Class)

Does anyone get any good use out of the "Save all (This ****)" buttons?

I have a large project made up of 20 or so libraries. When I edit something inside one library, I would like to save only files in that library. This helps keep version control logs decipherable. However, if I select the library and choose "Save all (this Library)", it saves all the files in my project! It saves the exact same list of files as if I had gone to the project and selected "Save all (this Project)".

Additionally, when I select "Save all (this Project)" (or Library), I find that many items in Dependencies get saved along with items in my project. This would be great if it only saved items that were actually in the project.

What is the intended purpose of these buttons? They would be very useful if they worked as they intuitively sound to me.

I am using LV 2012 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,770 Views)

i second your frustration. it makes me angry that selecting this at the project level saves dependencies that aren't explicitly included in the project. I've tried to use this function multiple times, but it's actual operation confuses me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,753 Views)

Hi maxwellb,

I am interested in what is happening when you "Save all (This Library)".  I just did some tests here using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 and it did not seem to save all of the open files in my project.  Is it possible that they are referenced in another library or you pressed Save All instead?

Regarding the saving of dependencies when performing a "Save all (This Project)", this is expected behavior.  It has been addressed and is intended at the moment.  You are welcome to post in the LabVIEW Ideas forum or submit a feature request and our engineers will take note of your concern.

Hope this helps!

Nick

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)

Is "Save all (This Library)" meant to save all dependencies of the library as well as items in the library? That may explain what I have been seeing. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,718 Views)

Yes - Save All saves all dependencies of all items being saved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,707 Views)

Thanks. I've made an idea submission for anyone who would like to see this change.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Do-not-save-dependencies-when-using-quot-Save-all-this...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,693 Views)