LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Complete project for Distribution

Hello,

I have a project which runs a top level vi. This vi calls a number of other vi's, dependancies, dll libraries, 'c' wrappers etc which are located in different windows folder locations on the source PC.

I would like save the whole project (including all of the other vi's, dependancies, dll libraries, 'c' wrappers etc) in order that the project can be run on another PC with Labview. (ie not a runtime application).

How do I do this please?

Please be kind on me I am a beginner in Labview.

Thanks,

Daniel

Message 1 of 6
(3,494 Views)

Hello nevica,

You can build a source distribution.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/build_source_distrib/

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,480 Views)

Ok, I have selected:

Build Specifications/ packed library. And then I am moving over the .vi that I want in the saved library.

Capture.JPG

1. It doesn't allow me to save any .vis to the top level library and gives an error.

Also, My actual project contains a number of dependencies. I need to save these in the library as well for the saved package to work on another PC running Labview.

Here is a snapshot of my project showing dependencies.

Capture2.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,473 Views)

As Sabri mentioned above, you should be building a "Source Distribution".

Source Dist.png

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,460 Views)

Ok, Thanks Cory.

So my next question is:

What about all the dependent files to make the top level .vi run (See my screenshot above). How do I save these? The dependicies are needed for the top level .vi to run on a second PC. Whout them Labview will return an error saying a package is not present.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,454 Views)

Whatever is statically linked within your top level.vi hierarchy should be included automatically.

For dynamically loaded files (e.g. DLLs), you have to include them manually ("Always included" on the source files section of the build spec) on your screenshot

Message 6 of 6
(3,448 Views)