LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample rate on cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cRIO-9068 and in my program there is a while loop with case structures that will determine if a channel is on or off. I want to be able to control different sampling rates for the multiple channels that are open and reading data. If I have multiple channels on and reading data can I control different sampling rates simultaneously or does the wait until next multiple function control it for all the channels?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,444 Views)

Are you using the FPGA?  If so, then the loop rate of the FPGA determines the sample rate.  If not, then you are using the Scan Engine.  The sample rate is determined by the Scan Engine rate, which is configurable in the project.  The Scan Engine does not do well with a rate under 10ms; you may get away with 1ms.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,396 Views)

Oh ok. I'm doing scan engine currently. So the only way for the sample rate to be different than other sensors is to have another cRIO chassis at a different scan engine rate?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,363 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NickBl

@NickBl wrote:

Oh ok. I'm doing scan engine currently. So the only way for the sample rate to be different than other sensors is to have another cRIO chassis at a different scan engine rate?

If you want to continue to use the Scan Engine for the sampling, that is correct.  You could also use hybrid mode with the cRIO where some modules are controlled by the FPGA and others use the Scan Engine or just do it all with the FPGA.  But then you will have to program the FPGA to do what you want.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(3,358 Views)

Ok thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,355 Views)

Do you know the maximum sampling rate of the FPGA mode if I decide to do a hybrid mode?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,344 Views)

@NickBl wrote:

Do you know the maximum sampling rate of the FPGA mode if I decide to do a hybrid mode?

That would depend on your module.  Read the manuals carefully as there are often specific sample rates the modules can sample at.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,339 Views)