LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVE not working on host

Ihave written a VI which transmits shared variables from my Host PC to an sbRIO 9632. With the Shared Variables deployed on the host, the RIO fails to read the variables but the host can read it's own variables. With the Shared Variables deployed to the RIO the host can write to and read from the shared variables, however this causes the program running on the RIO to be slow. I am wondering if there is something simple I'm missing causing the SVE not to work properly on my host PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,477 Views)

If you want to use shared variables you should decide where to run the SVE. Because the PC has a better performance you should run it there. The sbRIO needs an *.aliases file which points to the SVE target (IP address of the PC).

check also PSP Firewall Settings

read Shared Variables

I suggest to remove the SVE from the RIO target via MAX.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,414 Views)

Thanks for your reply Christian.

I have tried to deploy the SVE on the host, but when I do this the RIO fails to access the SVE. When the SVE is deployed on the RIO, the Host has no problem accessing my variables. 

The Aliases file is set up with the correct IP addresses. I think one of my biggest issues is that I'm not at all sure how to troubleshoot this problem Smiley Frustrated

As far as I'm aware my router settings are correct. I followed this guide to configure my router 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/psp_firewall/

Although at the bottom there is a note to allow some programs through the Windows Firewall. I could not find \windows\system32\lkads.exe at the specified path. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,398 Views)

Debugging should be easy. On the RT target you have all LabVIEW debugging tools (probes, breakpoint, step wise execution...) and the shared var has error outputs, so that you have a direct feedback if something goes wrong. 

The SVE itself is visualized with the DSM, where you have all variables and their states timestamped and you also have the opportunity to modify any value (simple data types assumed).

Be sure to have only one *.lvlib file (for shared vars) in your project and that it's located under the HostPC section. Both targets have to use the same variables from the same file.

Aliases file also exists on both sides and the one located on the RT has to hold the HostPC IP address in the 'My Computer' section.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,390 Views)

Hi skooage,

In order to troubleshoot the problem and at least get the error message try to connect the error

indicator to the Network Variable on the (RT Side).

error cluster.PNG

In addition this article might be useful for you:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6E37AC5435E44F9F862570D2005FEF25?OpenDocument

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,384 Views)