LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SV Assistant Log File :: "Invalid Sampling Frequency" Error

I've been trying my best to like the SV Assistant, but so far, I'm not finding it very friendly.

I'm ade a few measurements, and saved them as LOG files.  Since I've also been having issues with the SVAssistant locking up and corrupting my project, so I've decided to save the project in another (i.e. network) folder. Now, when I copy the file(.seproj) back to my working folder, I get an error stating that the log file has "Invalid Sampling Frequency".

Any ideas on what my issue might be? 

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,180 Views)

I've found that if I reference the "Snapshot" this error goes away. 

Seems like that kinda defeats the purpose of the LOG file.

However, I've noticed that when the project includes a "Snapshot" the size on disk is dramatically increased.  Also, the amount of RAM that SV Assistant uses is then on the order of 1.5GB, which causes out of memory issues, freezing/locking, and file corruption.

Not good.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,174 Views)

Hi John,

Have you tried to repair Signal Express? If not, go to Control Panel>> Uninstall a program>> National Instruments Software>> Signal Express. There should be three buttons on the right hand side. Click Repair.

Here is a document which also walks you through the steps:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D?OpenDocument

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,158 Views)

This is a brand new install.  I can't hardly beleive that there's an issue there.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,153 Views)