From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Post Message Formatting

Ok, I'm not sure if you lot are the right people to ask about this but I'm banging my head against the wall otherwise. I am in the middle of developing a new project that is to communicate with a secured HTTPS Server through a POST HTTP request. Previously I have communicated with this specific server through a labview program using the IWebBrowser class and POST Data as shown in the included snippet. However the new project requires the same process but as it is a Windows CE Touchscreen device it is not compatible with the IWebBrowser type.

SSL POST.png

Moral of the story, is it possible to actually somehow extract the data that is being passed through the working labview program POST in order to reverse engineer what I need to send to the server in order to replicate the operation? I have already tried examining the network connection with WireShark and that simple results in some jumble as it is unable to get inside the SSL connection. Any other ideas or methods for this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,581 Views)

If what you are trying to see is the data packets being sent and received - perhaps you could setup a non secure server to receive the commands, then analzye what you are seeing sent in Wireshark?

It also looks like there is a way to get Wireshark to decrypt SSL data.  Look at this here:  http://wiki.wireshark.org/SSL

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,543 Views)

I hadn't seen that, thanks for the help, I'll have a look and see if there is anything in there that helps demystify the whole process.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,540 Views)