LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR630 Read Errors

Good Morning,

I am using a VI to read (over GPIB) a thermocouple reader (SR630).  The issue I'm having is that, seemingly at random, the VI will read a value that "splits" the instrument's measured value into two lines, accompanied with an error.  (eg:  If the current temperature is 298.1, the VI will read 2, then read 98.1, then read as normal).  

I have used the default measurement program provided in the instrument driver (ie, the 'reference' VI that shows how to take a simple measurement) and it has the same problem.  There doesn't appear to be any consistency to the error, either (ie, it doesn't always occur at the same time in a sequence of measurements).  

Can anyone provide some insight into this problem?  I'd link my VI, but since the problem occurs with the reference VI I'm not sure that it's really a problem with my program.  I'm completely befuddled as to how I can troubleshoot this, given that it's ocurring on both the reference VI and my own.  

Thanks very much for your time!  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,207 Views)

Go into the initialize vi and write the VISA property "GPIB Settings.Unaddressing"=TRUE

Whoever wrote that driver did not read the manual closely.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Hi karosten,

It looks like this forum post might have the answer you're looking for : http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Timeout-error-when-using-SR630-over-GPIB-USB/...

I hope this helps!

Jonathan R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,161 Views)