LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR400 change from GPIB to serial RS232

Hello! 

I am new to labview. I was given the task of changing our SR400 gated photon counter from GPIB interface to serial RS232. I am not quite sure to go about this with the code I was given. 

The sr_400 count VI writes parameters to the SR400 and then reads the data from it using the GPIB. What is the easiest way to change the VI so it uses serial RS232? Should I just removed the GPIB parts in SR400 A gate and Read and replace them with the example for RS232? 

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Maira

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,566 Views)
Each GPIB function must be replaced with the equivalent VISA function. Then you need to add the configure serial port function to set com parameters. You will also need to configure a termination character for a write. Look at the example 34401 driver that comes with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,562 Views)

Do I need to add a configure serial port function for the write and read part or will one be enough? 

Do I just directly replace the GPIB functions or do I also need to alter the stacked sequence structures?

I'm sorry to bother you but I really don't know anything about labview. 

-Maira

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,545 Views)
No, you configure the serial port only once.

It's a crummy driver and shouldn't have a stacked sequence structure at all. Perhaps you should take some of the LabVIEW tutorials and rewrite it. At the very least, replace it with a flat sequence structure.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,542 Views)

Did you ever get this working? I'm currently in the process of trying to interface the two via RS232. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,865 Views)