LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP

I have a SNMP toolkit ..does anyone have detail idea about the use of it.

thanks in adavance.

Santosh Chavan
IIT MADRAS.
Message 1 of 10
(7,505 Views)

SNMP-toolkit is not a product of National Instruments...

http://www.snmptoolkit.com/

Search please first on www.google.ch ... next time...

best regards,

Thomas Belger

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,490 Views)
Hi,

I am also trying to use a SNMP toolkit for Labview from Viodia. It depends from what snmp version your are using... Personnaly I am using snmpv3 and it's quiet easy, it's session based like VISA for example. For the other versions I really don't know but they provide examples and support by phone or e-mail so try to contact them if you need.

Good luck!

Isabel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,479 Views)
I hv all the SNMP  versions..i want to know how do i start about it..i mean how do i use them in my applications..u can take ur own example and explain that.
i am not aware of the use of it ..basically i cudnt understand the all VIs they have given ..
thanks
Santosh Chavan
IIT MADRAS.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,473 Views)

Isbel,

I need my labview application to act as a SNMP agent. How can I load the MIB file ? I dont have any idea how does this toolkit works.I want my machine to work as server necesserily.

Santosh Chavan
IIT MADRAS.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,471 Views)

Hi,

As I told you I am using SNMPv3 because I need encryption and authentication and after i got my MIB compiled I used the SimpleSNMPv3.vi that came with the toolkit in the Examples folder.

To compile your MIB you must have all your files in the same folder and change all their extensions to .mib. Then use the vi I send you to compile it. Copy this VI to the folder \SNMPToolkit_v201_FullDev(7)\SNMPToolkit_v201_FullDev(7)\SNMPSubvis\NameLookup.

To compile, you just have to point to the folder where your files are. If you get errors compiling you can see the error log: \SNMPToolkit_v201_FullDev(7)\SNMPToolkit_v201_FullDev(7)\SNMPSubvis\NameLookup\MibCompileError.txt. You can also try with the MIB example files that are provided with the toolkit.

Once you get to compile correctly your MIB you can try to use the SimpleSNMPv3.vi to do Get request or whatever you need.

For other snmp versions I don't know how to proceed, you should contact VIODIA to get support.

Good Luck,

Isabel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,458 Views)

Isbel,

i am a starter with a SNMP toolkit so i really didnt get you about the file which are u talking about. just let me know the details please..

Santosh Chavan
IIT MADRAS.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,424 Views)

Hi,

I think you should read about the SNMP protocol before trying to use the toolkit... Then you will understand a little bit more about it and maybe about the toolkit and it's VIs.

Isabel

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,419 Views)

Isbel,

i have gone through the SNMP protocol. now i want to write my own MIB.  Have u writtened your own MIB? if so then can you please tell me how do i start with it. My application is energy metering.

Santosh Chavan
IIT MADRAS.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,381 Views)
anybody use Labview to develop SNMP manager? any example available?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,319 Views)