Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP help please?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by SimonGoodson

Figured it out. Apparently I don't know how to type. I had both a leading and trailing space on the variable type. " INTEGER " instead of "INTEGER". I certainly don't remember typing it that way, but how else could it get there? At least I learned a lot.

Thanks Phillip!

Regards,

Simon

Message 11 of 18
(1,600 Views)

Glad to see you were able to figure it out.

Sometimes the problem is much simpler than it seems.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,581 Views)

Hi Simon,

Im very new to labview and snmp myself. I am using a wind turine simulator (http://www.ni.com/example/31161/en/)on labview and want to get the perfomance metrics from this to be polled every 10 seconds from an element manager via a java program, which will eventually be put on a dashboard. Do you have any advice on how i could get this simulator to snmpwalk so i could create oids for each metric?

Any help would be such a great help!!

brendan

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,473 Views)

What does this have to do with the SNMP error the OP was asking about?  If the answer is nothing, then create a new thread. If the answer is something then feel free to slap me in the face for missing something.  I just don't see what the controls and design simulation example has to do with SNMP.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,463 Views)

SNMP isn't directly supported by National Instruments (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4CD3625A939A77DE852564050047D3BD) but one of our alliance partners created a 3rd party toolkit specifically for connecting and sending requests through SNMP, found here (http://www.snmptoolkit.com/index.html).  Other than that, if you understand the SMNP protocol well enough you could use the TCP/IP VI's within LabVIEW to interpret that protocol.  

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,448 Views)

Hi boffyie, I'm a little confused by your question. I'm missing a bunch of requirements to run the wind generator example, but it doesn't appear to have any SNMP code to support status updates, so you would have to write the code to trap SNMP messages and respond to them yourself. I may be able to figure it out eventually, but it would be a substantial time investment for me. If you want to poll the machine running the sim, then it isn't a LabVIEW issue. Whatever program you are using to monitor the machine needs to be configured and the machine itself would likely need some SNMP configuration. Sorry I wasn't much more help. Good Luck! Regards, Simon

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,439 Views)

Hi ,

I am trying to figure out how to use the free snmp communication toolkit posted by Mark Yedinak. I basically am running a simulated turbine, and want to use snmp walk so it will create OIDs to communicate with a manager. If anyone could help me get started or point me in the right direction that would be great

Thanks in advance!! Im realy stuck with it!!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,420 Views)

I see that this is already a solved post. You may have more luck by posting this on a new thread.

Conrad 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,390 Views)