LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTPEmail changes in LabVIEW2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I used the SMTPEmail vi to email a screen dump in my LabVIEW 7.1 code.  Does not work in LabVIEW 2013.  Want to know if there are changes in the way this vi works in the 2013 code before I go bugging my IT folks.  Anyone out there use this vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,934 Views)

It seems as though the VIs were moved (perhaps changed) in 2013.  Try replacing broken/missing VIs with these:

functions.PNG

Another option may be to try to install an older library that (i believe) contains these VIs.  (I have not installed these so I cannot guarantee anything).

Windows: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-internet-toolkit-2012/3122/en/

Mac: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-internet-toolkit-2012/3123/en/

Linux: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-internet-toolkit-2012/3459/en/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,919 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I built my own from the library in my LabVIEW2013 directory.  Only problem is they also changed the way do attachments.  The old way you just specified the entire path including the filename.  The new way is more flexible (multiple attachments), it's just that I can't figure out how to get a 1D path array built.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,916 Views)

!1-1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,911 Views)

Pardon my ignorance, but what symbol is that between the path and attach vi?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,908 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwbrook@integratedps.com

rwbrook@integratedps.com wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I built my own from the library in my LabVIEW2013 directory.  Only problem is they also changed the way do attachments.  The old way you just specified the entire path including the filename.  The new way is more flexible (multiple attachments), it's just that I can't figure out how to get a 1D path array built.

Perhaps I am confused by your issues... Unless I am missing something regarding how the VIs work, can you not just build an array of path constants?

Example:

build path.png 

Is this what you mean?  Just use a simple "Build Array" function. 

If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 6 of 11
(2,907 Views)

Thank you!  Forgive us neophytes.  It's a build array vi.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,896 Views)

Thank you!  Forgive us neophytes.  It's a build array vi.

Ron

In the future, if you see this symbol:

Untitled.png

Above an image posted on the forums, it means it is a VI Snippet.  These can be saved to your desktop, and then dragged onto the Block Diagram to actually import the code segment into LabVIEW!  Its quite nifty!  That way you could see what the function is for yourself, if you so choose!

Message 8 of 11
(2,889 Views)

OK.  Gotta know.  Why is your tag MrHappyAsthma?

And thanks for tip on the snippet!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,884 Views)

OK.  Gotta know.  Why is your tag MrHappyAsthma?

And thanks for tip on the snippet!

No problem!  I used these forums for almost an entire year before I realized how great snippets can be!

And it was actually a title I obtained (er... "stole") from a friend (who decided to never use it). 

It was named after a stuffed animal Dinosaur my buddy had as a kid, which made a sound when you squeezed it.  But one time it got stepped on, which squished the sound mechanism.  From then on, it made this very funny sound that sounded very breathy, gaspy, and wheezy.  So he called it "Mr. Happy Asthma."  (After the sewn on smile and silly asthmatic sound).  I thought it was clever and funny so I started using it as a username (since he never did). Plus, all other catchy names tend to be already taken by other users, so I just claimed this one as my universal login name since it is so unique. 😛

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,882 Views)