From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP errors

I'm currently trying to get a once working VI to send out emails. I've done a ton of backtracking, all the way to trying to use the SMTP example file "Send Email using SMTP Client.vi". I've been using the email client my company uses for all of this (Workspace Webmail), but I've now switched to using even personal Gmail and Yahoo accounts. Still no luck.

I either a) get a login error or b) the 'send' sub-vi times out.

I've gone through disabling my firewall and even using telnet to connect to the smtp server. Communicating with the server is no problem, but I just can't get LabVIEW to successfully send an e-mail anymore.

Does anybody have advice on how to tackle this problem? Also, I'm using LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,389 Views)

The Send Email using SMTP Client.vi works for me (LabVIEW 2016) for Non-SSL email.

When I try to use the SSL server for my email account it doesn't work.

BTW, the timeout in the example is 10 seconds, you may try with different timeout settings

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

I forgot to mention that I've selected the "allow apps that use less secure login" on both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts, that didn't change anything.

My company's email actually provides information for both secure and unsecure connections. I've tried all possible combinations and haven't made any progress.

I upped the timeout to 100 seconds and get the same timeout message or login error. Still not sure what to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,317 Views)