LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Password

Solved!
Go to solution

when using the SMTP Email VI Library I am getting an error that says my Password is incorrect.  I am not sure what that means as I can ensure that you the password is correct and I will post the vi with the passwords as the account is disposable.  I cant look at What is going on in the Send.vi since it is locked.

Mark R.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,012 Views)

Here is a strange one guys. . . I posted this after I had worked on the section of code for about two hours and gave up.  I went back a few minuets ago and now it seems to work every time.  got any ideas on that?  

Mark R.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,986 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markhrussell

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately, I don't have any great ideas but, having gone through lots of pains with gmail's SMTP server, have a few questions:

1. Did you ever change your settings in gmail to allow use by third-party apps?

2. Is two-part authentication enabled or disabled for your gmail account?

3. Did you try to send any emails from this VI to invalid accounts? (Can't tell you how many timed my gmail accounts were disabled for rejected emails to bad programmatically-formed email addresses)

4. Keep in mind that for new accounts I believe Google usually has a temporary hold on sending emails programmatically. Was the account newly created when you tried running the VI?

Regards,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,969 Views)

That last one might have been the problem as I created both the account I needed for the application and the throw away one I post in the forum at about the same time.  Now they both work an I am quite interested in how to circumvent that.  I have set the third party applications on the account page in gmail since I have had to do that on other instances that trick I knew.  as far as the two part authentication i didn't see that in account seeing but since it seams to work I guess it is disabled. an I didn't have the email address programaticly formed in this instance as this was just for testing purposes.  

Thanks,

Mark R. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,933 Views)

Mailing operation works when i do it in a normal VI program, but when i do it as a new MYRIO project an error appears whose screenshot is attached.

also under the myrio dependencies the SMTP is locked but when i don't use MYRIO it seems to be unlocked even without entering a password.

Please help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,468 Views)

Hi Arjun,

Since this thread is a few years old and already marked as resolved, I'd recommend starting a new thread on this forum with your question to get more visibility.

Nick

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,426 Views)