From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Application - Hardware:GSM Modem & Software:LabView

Hi all ,

I'm currently doing a project and i'm needed to use labview to send sms using GSM modem but i'dont how to start can anyone help pls. 

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 82
(2,737 Views)

What do you mean ?

Do you have a GSM modem ?

You should also have it's AT commands manual

Message 52 of 82
(2,729 Views)

Hi, Pnt

I haven got my GSM modem. But can i know if its possible to do on the labview part like how to use the visa to write the meassage ? thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 82
(2,706 Views)
Actually my project was to alert the user when its child has fever , i already have my VI for the temperature part now i need to come out with an vi which will send sms to the parent when the child have fever. Smiley Sad . but i dont understand the visa read and write. pls help .
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 82
(2,705 Views)

For VISA functions you can search the Labview examples.

You can search the forum too.

But you will use a PC for this ?!

I think it is too much. Ecxept if there is one available, standing by.

There are devices that when they get an input, they transmit an SMS. No PC, no GSM modem. Just one GSM device with inputs.

Message 55 of 82
(2,694 Views)
Thanks . I see if i can understand the example .
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 82
(2,691 Views)

can u explain more details cause i just the beginner or can u send me the VI and the explainations to ranggaperdana_06114@yahoo.com

tanx before 

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 82
(2,623 Views)

If you read this thread it should be easy for you, to send a sms.

If you have questions, just ask.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 82
(2,613 Views)

marp84 wrote:

can u explain more details cause i just the beginner or can u send me the VI and the explainations to ranggaperdana_06114@yahoo.com

tanx before 

I would never send a VI or software to anybody over email, unless I know that person personally and so do most others here in these technical fora. Besides this thread is long and has a lot of information and you should carefully read it and try to replicate it yourself. If you have then problems you can always add a reply where you show what you have done so far and ask about the problem you have with it.

Most really knowledgeable people here are very happy to help you then, if you show you have done real work yourself first. If however you feel that is to much of trouble and would like to have a ready made library of VIs you can always buy a toolkit of some of the NI Alliance Members that contains  nicely done VIs to communicate with just about any standard AT command based SMS modem.

As with most things in life if you can't or don't want to do it yourself most good things come not for free! 

Rolf Kalbermatter 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 82
(2,609 Views)

for sms there is a way to redirect some email from a mailserver to sms...

As parent It is not good to read...caring parent would never need that GADGET but for

caring for a kid that has chronic desease then ok I would offer my help.

Actually my project was to alert the user when its child has fever , i already have my VI for the temperature part now i need to come out with an vi which will send sms to the parent when the child have fever. :smileysad: . but i dont understand the visa read and write. pls help

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 82
(2,595 Views)