LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Application - Hardware:GSM Modem & Software:LabView

Hi Pnt,

I had try to send a SMS with hyperterminal and it is no problem. But when i try it with labview (VISA write, VISA read, VISA open and VISA clsoe), i don't know why i cannot send out a message to my phone? Before that i try to send the command "ATD <phone no>; ", it will ring my phone. Unfortunately, i had try write the command as below but no any respone from my phone...

1. AT+CMGF=1 (Text mode)

2. AT+CMGS="phone no" (set the phone no want to sent)

3. <type a message>

So, need you help to correct my error if i have do something wrong.

Thanks,

al:);)n....

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 82
(3,487 Views)

After the first command you should wait for "OK"

After the message, you shoyld send ctrl+z

Have you done those?

Can you post your code?

Message 42 of 82
(3,481 Views)

yes! Actually i had use "concatenate strings" to write the code in the LAbVIEW. Here are my steps to do it:

1. <AT+CMGF=1> send to VISA write.

2. <AT+CMGS="enter phone no"> send to VISA write.

3. <type the message want to send> send to VISA write.

eh...after first command i should wait for"OK". (Sorry... i don't understand because i cannot see any respone from the GSM )

But i can see the respone message "OK" from GSM during i do the process with hyperterminal.

"ctrl+z" this command is not clik on the keyboard <ctrl+z> after finish send the message?

Need you advise here!

Thank you,

Al:);)n.....

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 82
(3,474 Views)

Hi Pnt, here my steps to sent the codes:

send a command>>>>AT+CMGF=1                                   Text mode to send a Short Message

gsm respone >>>>>>>OK

send a command>>>>AT+CSCA=”+6012xxxxxxxx”           Set Service Center Address to

gsm respone >>>>>>>OK

send a command>>>>AT+CMGS=06012xxxxx                  Send a SMS-SUBMIT to mobile phone 

gsm respone >>>>>>>">"

then i have type my message<ctrl+z> then enter... After that no any respone from my gsm modem and my mobile phone...

So, need you all advise and help to take a look for this issue...

Appreciate you help!

Thank You,

al:):)n.....

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 82
(3,457 Views)
Can you post your code ?
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 82
(3,451 Views)

Hi Pnt,

Here are my code...

AT+CMGF=1

OK                                             

AT+CSCA="+60120000015"

OK 

AT+CMGS="+60125719457"

>

TESTING!!!!<CTRL+Z>

For your information, I have using basic write&read vi from find example labview software to write those command.

So, need you advise here!

Thank you,

al:):)n.... 

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 82
(3,434 Views)

As you said, your code works with hyperterminal. It is ok.

Your mistake is probably something in your code. For example when waiting for ">".

Can not help if i don't see your code.

Note that ctrl+z is hex number 1A.

Try putting some delay after sending your commands. Then, I think it will work.

Message 47 of 82
(3,426 Views)

Hi Pnt,

Actually, i really don't understand you want me send the code to you because I just do it like as following steps:

1. Open Basic write/read vi from labview.

2. AT+CMGF=1                                                  (type in the frame write the message)

3. OK                                                                  (message from gsm to frame read the message)

4. AT+CSCA="+60120000015"                         (type in the frame write the message)

5. OK                                                                  (message from gsm to frame read the message)

6. AT+CMGS="+60125015050"                         (type in the frame write the message)

7. >                                                                      (message from gsm to frame read the message)

8. Testing123                                                      (type a message  in the frame write the message)

9. Testing123                                                       (message from gsm to frame read the message) 

Thats all the steps and the command i have send and received its. No any special codes.

Here I have questions want to ask u:

1. From step1 to 7, it should be no problem, right?

2. In step8, must not i add the command "<" for end of the message?

Testing123  change to Testing123<  (or any command i should be add)

3. What is the message will send from gsm to the frame read the message after step8 and next steps?

So, need you advise and help here!

Appreciate you help!

Thank you,

al:):)n......

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 82
(3,421 Views)

1. Yes. You can confirm that by displaying the string you receive.

2. Type your message and then send "1A" , see attached. Do not send enter (if i remember correctly)

3. The message you will receive should be something + OK

Message 49 of 82
(3,395 Views)

hi pnt,

thanks your support and advise! I got success to send a sms...This project just begin, I want use the serial write and read example as a template to create multiple write and read sequences for my next job..After that, I want create a front panel to sent an error message to my mobile phone when got some warning indicator has activated. So, may be need you help and advise for my next job again!

Anyway, thank you!

Best regard,

al:):)n....

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 82
(3,373 Views)