From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIT Initialization Simulation Error 54

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have been going through the SIT examples, and have opened the "batch simulation.vi" example. Then, I have modified it so that it runs the sinewave.mdl from the sine wave example. This went all good and well. Then, I decided that I wanted to run the sinewave.dll on my PXI-8101. At this point, when I click run, it gives me the error:

Error 54 occurred at TCP Open Connection in NI_SIT_userAPI.lvlib: SIT Initialize Simulation.vi.

I think I might have missed a step somewhere, but I don't know. All I did was open the VI and click run.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,232 Views)

Never mind error 54. I am now getting error 56 TCP read error.

Exact same VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bladhart

Hello,

Is the PXI that you are deploying to a Real-Time PXI? It seems that you are getting this error because you are not specifying a driver VI for the model dll. You need to create and specify a driver VI when deploying to a RT target. Take a look at this link and it will help explain it in further detail.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 3
(2,212 Views)