LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIN generation PtByPt doesn't work

Hello,

In the fragment that follows there are 2 signal generation blocks from PtByPt palette:

• noise
  • SIN

Noise works perfectly, whereas SIN doesn't.

Where is a problem ?

Thanks

sin_PtByPt_doesn't_work.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,801 Views)

Havy you tried graphing the results coming directly from the SIN node?  How does it look?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,795 Views)

I've tried just simple indicator - it confirmed waveform chart: signal doesn't change

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,791 Views)

The waveform chart is several nodes away from the SIN generator.  Put an indicator directly on the output of the SIN generator VI and see what is shows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,776 Views)

You might be running into rounding errors from inputting a large number for the Time input.  It is essentially expecting a small number and if the absolute value of your time is large then rounding errors will occur and your delta will be larger than can be calculated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,772 Views)

Also, what is your amplitude set to?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,768 Views)

Amplitude is set by slider 0.1V max.

Concerning rounding ... there is noise generator with similar parameters (e.g. amplitude can also be set to 0.1V) in the same setup that works (at least I can see signal variations that it produces).

There is also additional issue for this case that perplex me: in another VI these 2 sources (SIN and noise) work perfectly and the context is quite similar.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,726 Views)

Here is fragment of another VI, where it works:

staircase_sawtooth_testbend_simplified (1).png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,716 Views)