LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIMPLE Object Based Framework

In France, everybody said "state machine" when talking about QDMH... it's a misnomer. But you're right.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,091 Views)

Hum... I re-read the posts... I'm so sorry for my english Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,063 Views)

Does anybody try this ? :

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-38943

I'll take a look at it tomorrow

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,049 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

Yes I already used that 2 years ago during AE summit in Austin. It is a good architecture based on AMC reference library. The visual distinction between the top Level VI parts makes it easy to understand and scale and the use of AMC makes it also valuable since you can easliy extend your application for network communication for exemple as the AMC provide that kind of functionality natively.

Regards,

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,042 Views)

While I don't necessarilly agree that a simple LVOOP QMH exists or is possible the Actor Framework DOES exist and is gaining adoption.

Do I use it?  No but, I would if it met my needs like nothing else and my projects do not typically require its features.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,995 Views)

I'm quite fond of the LapDog Messenging library as a simple OO-based framework.  However I'm not sure it's still being developed, nor widely used, but it's probably worth a look.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,974 Views)

You might also look at this:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213091

I don't know if it would make sense, but I think AF could be more palatable if it were divided in two. You can implement a command pattern type design without having a bunch of parallel reentrant actors, and people have been doing that for ages without oop. You can also implement a highly parallel message-based communication framework without using objects at all.  The fact that its both in one makes it a bit tougher to understand.

Message 17 of 17
(2,957 Views)