From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIFT + LabVIEW - RealTime

Good afternoon everyone,

I state that I do not know if it is the right section for the post.
I am a university student and I have a project to be implemented. I have already written a version of the algorithm (SIFT) in Matlab and I have not had many problems.
I now have to implement this algorithm in LabVIEW. The purpose is to receive images from two stereoscopic cameras, to perform a matching between them obtaining the corresponding keypoints and, subsequently, via a display, reading the distance between the cameras and the object that is resumed.
The problem is that some functions of matlab are not compatible on labview. Fortunately I managed to find on the Internet a file (vi) with OpenCV libraries in devising the SIFT on both input images and also performs matching giving as an output result the two images with keypoints.
Now, however, I have no idea how to implement a display, moving the camera as you like, give me the distance, in real time, between camera and subject.
Do any of you have any ideas to solve this problem? I searched the internet but unfortunately I do not find anything that can help me.

Thank you all for availability.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/kl3m3n-s-blog/Scale-invariant-feature-transform-source-code-DLL/ba-p/348575...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,054 Views)

Hi magicfrog,

Have you already seen the example in LabVIEW NI Example Finder called "Calibrated Stereo Vision"? If not try that! It is installed with Imaqdx.

Best ,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,986 Views)

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I have the student version of LabVIEW released by the university. Unfortunately, in this version is not present IMAQDX package. Can I still download it from the official site?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,980 Views)

Hello,
Imaqdx are included in Vision Acquisition Software:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/product/vision-acquisition-software.html

Best,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,962 Views)