LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIFT + LabVIEW - RealTime

Good afternoon everyone,

I state that I do not know if it is the right section for the post.
I am a university student and I have a project to be implemented. I have already written a version of the algorithm (SIFT) in Matlab and I have not had many problems.
I now have to implement this algorithm in LabVIEW. The purpose is to receive images from two stereoscopic cameras, to perform a matching between them obtaining the corresponding keypoints and, subsequently, via a display, reading the distance between the cameras and the object that is resumed.
The problem is that some functions of matlab are not compatible on labview. Fortunately I managed to find on the Internet a file (vi) with OpenCV libraries in devising the SIFT on both input images and also performs matching giving as an output result the two images with keypoints.
Now, however, I have no idea how to implement a display, moving the camera as you like, give me the distance, in real time, between camera and subject.
Do any of you have any ideas to solve this problem? I searched the internet but unfortunately I do not find anything that can help me.

Thank you all for availability.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/kl3m3n-s-blog/Scale-invariant-feature-transform-source-code-DLL/ba-p/348575...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,060 Views)

Hi magicfrog,

Have you already seen the example in LabVIEW NI Example Finder called "Calibrated Stereo Vision"? If not try that! It is installed with Imaqdx.

Best ,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,992 Views)

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I have the student version of LabVIEW released by the university. Unfortunately, in this version is not present IMAQDX package. Can I still download it from the official site?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,986 Views)

Hello,
Imaqdx are included in Vision Acquisition Software:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/product/vision-acquisition-software.html

Best,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,968 Views)