From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARCH at an array, delete

Solved!
Go to solution

Untitled.png

i have this array. 

i want to delete random noises. 

but i dont know where to start.

i am thinking that i can delete row3 thats equal = 0. 

how can i go about doing that?

i want it to look like this

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,754 Views)

You will need to be more specific in your definitions of (1) how to detect the values elements containing your "random noises," and (2) which rows/columns to delete. You mention deleting row 3 but your results image shows columns 3-5 deleted.

Testing floating point values for equality with zero is risky because the actual value might be very small (~1E-15) but not exactly zero.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,745 Views)

i believe i need to look at columns 3-5 at row3 for 0. and if 0 exist. delete those columns?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,741 Views)

Use Array Subset to get row 3, columns 3-5 in a subarray. Run that through In Range & Coerce with the limits +/- some small value that is larger than the maximum noise and smaller than the smallest useful signal. Check the In Range? output. True values will indicate the presence of "0." If you get a True, then use Array Subset to get all rows and columns 0-2.

Lynn

Message 4 of 7
(2,735 Views)

yeah. i know that deleting rows or data is bad but i have no idea what to do in this case.

Untitled.png

i have a system with 6 TC channels

known variables are, 

channel 2,3,4 gets HOTTER

channel 4,5,6 almost always stay the same?

i am only interested in analyzing channel 2,3,4

thats why i want to delete channel 4,5,6?

this is bad because its not always channel 2,3,4 that will get HOT..WHAT IF it was 2,5,6 thats hot?

can you sugguest a solution to his?

would i use RANGE & COERCE and look at the limits..if the limit changes then keep that channel? if not..delete it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,729 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author super_saiyans

Now that is a different problem.

The data file you posted does not have any zeros in it. The maximum and minimum of the temperature data are 51.1 and 12.9.

I found the minimum and maximum for each column and then calculated the ratio. The "quiet" channels have ratios ~1.04 while the channels with the large temperature increases have ratios >1.7 There are also some channels with some noise (like the 60 channel in your image) with rations between those values. Perhaps you could use the max/min ratio to determine which channels you want.

Lynn

Message 6 of 7
(2,708 Views)

lol..

thats a genius idea!!!

THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,704 Views)