From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI modules's serial numbers and last calibration dates not availalbe in MAX

I am trying to find out (without physically looking at the modules) what serial numbers and calibration dates are associated with SCXI modules installed in a SCXI-1001 chassis via PXI-6250 cards.

There is no information provided in max and I read a 0 from a DeVSerialNum property node. I used a knowledge base article below to try to obtain needed info via property nodes.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8B1C5C1F5EEF15AA862572C700574A50

Is this because SCXI modules were not programmed with the info by NI or because SCXI modules just don't store that information? If it is the former can that be programmed by NI when modules are sent in for a calibraiton.

This will make managing calibration much much easier. We have several SCXI-1001 chassis with dozens of modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,378 Views)

Hey drakkar,

As the Knowledge Base article you linked said, not all SCXI modules store their serial numbers in the onboard memory. That unfortunately means that there is not a programmatic way to retrieve the serial number for those models. If you need that information on a regular basis for calibration purposes, you might try storing it on your computer such as in a text file. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,304 Views)