LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1100DC chasis not working, fuses test good, what else may be wrong?

Connections have been checked, main power works, but module not found.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,319 Views)
Hello,
Please answer my following questions so I would be able to help you:
1)Do you have SCXI 1000DC chassis? What modules do you have?
2)Has the chassis worked before? By not working do you mean its not powering up or are the modules in it not working?
3)Are the modules not showing up in Measurement and Automation Explorer or are they giving incorrect readings?
4)Has it worked before or it is a new chassis? What version of NI DAQ do you have?
5)Have you tried it on another machine? Have you tried swapping the chassis out with another identical chassis to see if that worked?
6)Have you tried using different connection cables?

Please let me know the answers and I can help you further.

Good luck and have a great day!
Regards,
Koninika
Application
s Engineer
National Instruments
Support Website

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,319 Views)
Hello,
I have a SCXI-1100DC chassis with SCXI-1102 32channel thermocouple amp module. The chassis has worked until now. The unit powers up, light comes on, but is not recognized during Ni-DAQ Configuration Utility check. Error message is "failed to find SCXI-1102 in slot 1. Unable to communicate with chassis." I have a DAQ card 1200. All fuses tested OK on the SCXI-1100DC. I do not have another chassis or cables to swap. I did swap laptops and got the same errror.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,319 Views)
Hello,
Looks like its a hardware issue. Try and check if the pins are bent or on when the module is inserted on to the slot; also check to see if you can swap the module with another working module/working chassis.

If it still does not work, then you should call 1800IEEE488 to get in touch with a customer sales representative to RMA the module. But to troubleshoot the issue you need to figure out if the module is bad or the chassis is bad so if you get hold of a working module or chassis it will be good.

Good luck with your application.
Regards,
Koninika
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)