From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC check-in problem after successful check-out

[1] I get the latest version of my code using "Get Latest Version".
[2] I try to Check-in this same version with no changes. I get the follwing error message
" Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Version Control CIN.vi->SCC Enter Change Comments.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin GUI.vi->Check In.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on UNIX."

Any reason why this is occuring? As a check I even tried Checking out the same file after step 1. I get this response
"Error 25556 occurred at Check Out.vi\Builtin S
CC Checkout GUI.vi when attempting an operation on file "D:\CHLA\CHLA-Dev\PktReadAndFormat.vi".

It is already checked out to you"

Hence what is the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,558 Views)
Hello,

Try using the following the procedure to reset the revision history:

1. Go to VI properties, and go to the general tab.
2. Press the button Revision History...
3. Press the reset button and that should clear the
revision history.

This may resolve the problem.

Matthew C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,556 Views)
Hi
I have exactly the same problems with some of my vi's in a project. But resetting the revision history doesn't solve the problem. Have you other ideas to go around this problem?

The message is : Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Version Control CIN.vi->SCC Enter Change Comments.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin GUI.vi->Check In.vi
Possible reason is File not found. Can you see in the source code what file is missing?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,556 Views)
Hi HoSk,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Error 7 will also occur if you try to Check In a VI that is currently open. This may be the problem. You may be getting the File Not Found message for this reason.

I hope this helps!

Matthew C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,556 Views)
While using Built-in SCC cannot check-in files after check-out.

Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Version Control CIN.vi->SCC Enter Change Comments.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin GUI.vi->Check In.vi

Error 7 occurred at Invoke Node in Version Control CIN.vi->SCC Enter Change Comments.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin.vi->SCC menu manager.vi->Builtin SCC.vi->Source Code Control Provider.vi

After clearing revision history (a suggested work-around) get:

Error 6 occurred at Open File in Builtin SCC File Status.vi->SCC Get Master File Status.vi->SCC Get Master File List.vi->Builtin Verify File Status.vi->Builtin SCC Checkin GUI.vi->Check In.vi

I was able to Check-in after closing the vi I was working with (makes sense) but confusion occurred because there is an option under Tool>Source Code Control>Check-in which makes this seem like it should be possible without closing the VI. The VI was saved locally but not closed when I got the errors.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,503 Views)