LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAN FROM STRING IN LABVIEW 8.5

Hi guys, i need help in this VI that i attached. I'm doing a project using serial connection between PIC18f4520 and Labview 8.5. I am monitoring the voltage and current. In the Read String box, (eg. when i run the VI, it will display 4.19v 4194uA.) How can i link this result to display on the graph simultaneously as the value of the voltage and current will vary when i adjust the value of the potentiometer.Can i use scan from string to linkup or ? i need help . thx alot people. 

untitled.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,285 Views)

You should be able to use String to Fractional number, as it'll stop at the first non-number character (v). That's assuming there's no space in the 4.23 else you'll need to remove those first.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,276 Views)

Not to fractional, but to SI number. See attached VI.

If the voltage could also have an SI prefix you might have to split the string at the "V"character and treat both strings seperately.

It seems scan SI number doesn't like the unit, but only the prefix. E.g. 12u is correctly read as 12*10^-6, but 12uA returns 12.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,273 Views)

Hi, from the picture i have attached below, how can i link my output onto Voltage, Current and Temperature ? It seems that it can only display on the read buffer box. After which i need to gather the output Temperature to display onto the gragh as i need to monitor the temperature. Another problem i face is that how can i fix the byte read at 21bytes because if it is more than or less than 21 bytes, it will display funny characters(see 2nd attached pic below).

untitled.JPG

bytes error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,225 Views)