LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVE AND WRITE DATA FROM A THREE PHASE SIGNAL

Hello!!! Can I use "Write To Measurement File Express VI" for to save and write in a file excel my data acquired by a three-phase signals ???

Now I can save in excel a value to every second but i need a more data for every second! 

how can I do?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,258 Views)

Hi Cat,

Now I can save in excel a value to every second but i need a more data for every second! how can I do?

When you want to create bigger files you need to save more data more often… 😄

Attach your VI when you want more detailed help!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,210 Views)

I WANT SAVE MORE DATA MORE OFTEN !!! I'D WANT TO BE ABLE IF I CAN SAVE MORE DATA MORE OFTEN BY "WRITE AND MISURAMENT ESPRESS VI" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I CAN'T,HOW CAN DO IT!?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,200 Views)

@Cat_ge wrote:

I WANT SAVE MORE DATA

-How much? What is the data type?

@Cat_ge wrote:

CAN SAVE MORE DATA MORE OFTEN BY "WRITE AND MISURAMENT ESPRESS

-How often? As GerdW asked earlier you should provide your VI and then if you ask for help anyone can look into it and help.

- Without knowing what you are doing and expecting us to give solution is not fair.

-And Please don't shout by posting ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Thanks
uday
Message 4 of 10
(4,194 Views)

So read data more often.  Then you'll have more points and can save them at your heart's leisure.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,181 Views)

So..

I create this Vi. I must realize a data acquisition system in labview from a three phase signal. This Vi allows to have in a file excel the data from signals.But in this case i have one data for one second.I'd want to know if i can have one data for one millisecond.I must change the rate(Hz)  or the "write and measurement express " is not right???

I hope i was clear.

Thanks!!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,177 Views)

Hi Cat,

your VI writes data to file as fast as you read that data from your DAQ device!

You configured your DAQAssistent to read 300 samples at 500S/s samplerate. This gives a 600ms loop iteration time…

When you want to iterate faster you have two options:

- higher samplerate

- lower block size

When you want to read "more" data in general you should increase your samplerate…

Btw. converting DDT data to 1D arrays to immediately convert them back to DDT wires is PURE NONSENSE! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,161 Views)

Why do you think you are only getting 1 seocnd per data point?  When I open your XLS file, the time column looks like 1 second intervals from Jan 1, 1904 onwards.  That tells me your time column is only 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...   You've lost your timing information because of your goofy blue wire to double array back to blue wire.  Get rid of those conversion like Gerd said.  The waveform stuff you are doing at the bottom of the loop is doing nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,154 Views)

Thanks for your answer!!it's important for me! but i'd want to ask you some advices :

• what value of higher samplerate it's better!?
  • If i edit my Vi in this that i have attached in this message it's better than the my last vi?
  • You say me that it's pure nonsense to convert back to ddt.Yes i know this,but it's the only way to write my data,that's right?? 

thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,146 Views)

That is actually far worse.  I don't know what you are trying to do with the Replace Array Array subset.

The attached VI show show you can still use the Express VI's and blue datatype wire to get it to work, and gets rid of everything that is doing nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,142 Views)