LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S parameters

Hello!

I am using  LabVIEW to get the S-parameter from a N5242A PNA. For what concerns S11, it works just fine; however I am not able to get other S-parameters that I need (S22 and S33) at the same time as S11 from channels 2 and 3. The command I used for S11 is:

CALC: PAR: SEL CH1_S11_1

I also tried to change the second part of the command in the most intuitive way so to make it work for S22 measured on Channel 2 pf the PNA....unfortunately it doesn't work.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,584 Views)
Does your 'most intuitive way' match the syntax in the manual?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,570 Views)

if it did I wouldn't be here asking...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,566 Views)
Then you need to match the syntax in the manual. I don't see where using incorrect syntax is a LabVIEW problem. Keysight should be able to tell you what command to use.
Message 4 of 9
(4,557 Views)

The problem is that I can't find it...I am going to try to contact them but I hoped someone here already did a code to plot all the S-parameters

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,551 Views)

@AL9000 wrote:
I also tried to change the second part of the command in the most intuitive way so to make it work for S22 measured on Channel 2 pf the PNA....unfortunately it doesn't work.

And what most intuitive way command did you use?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,314 Views)

For S22 I found CH1_S22_2 and it works; but I still can't find the related command for S33, so I tried with CH1_S33_3 doesn't accept it...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,310 Views)

@AL9000 wrote:

For S22 I found CH1_S22_2 and it works; but I still can't find the related command for S33, so I tried with CH1_S33_3 doesn't accept it...

It make sense for S11 and S22 because these 2 ports uses the same channel. Since you have a 3 ports device the other output will be connected to a third VNA port so the S33 measurement will be on a different channel. Try CH2_S33_1 (Channel_Measurement_TraceNumber), if it doesn't work it is up to you to verify how the measurement and the display was configured so you can call a valid command.

Ben64

Message 9 of 9
(4,290 Views)