From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime engine not working

Hello,

I have an executable Labview file that I want to launch. On my first try it didn't work saying that I have to install Runtime engine.

So I installed it, all went fine, it asked me to reboot the computer etc.

But now the problem is still the same, even with the installation done it says that runtime engine is missing, so I don't know what I have to do more to make it work 😕

Someone has an idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,558 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW was the executable built in? Which version of the runtime engine did you install? You must have the same major version number (e.g. RTE 2011 or 2011 SP1 for a LV 2011 executable).

You will also need to install any necessary drivers, depending on what hardware your executable uses (e.g. NI VISA, NI-DAQmx).

If you made the executable, I suggest you make an installer - you can include the appropriate version of the runtime engine and any necessary drivers (and if you're using a recent version of LabVIEW, it selects these options automatically).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,554 Views)