From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime engine 8.6.1 on Labview 11

Hello,

I have upgraded labview 10 to Lv 11. A program that used to work on Lv 10 is giving problems now. It asks for runtime engine 8.6 ( usually gets stucked preparing the installation ). Once i cancel this process, it loads all the vi's, and it seems to work, but I can't be sure until all the devices are connected, and it can't be done until september. My question is, do i really need to install runtime engine 8.6 to make it work properly, or it can work without it? 

And if I downgrade to Labview 10, will i solve this issue??

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,188 Views)
This is actually strange behavior because the runtime engine 8.6.1, if it is installed on the computer, should be accesible both from LV2011 and from LV2010. What do you mean by "downgrade to LabVIEW 2010? You may have multiple version of LabVIEW on the same computer. Did you uninstall LV2010 first? If you did, then it may happened that you uninstalled the runtime engine 8.6 at the same time. Do you really need or don't need the engine depends of your application. In any case, it should not be a problem to download the runtime engine from ni.com and install it. http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1244/lang/en
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,124 Views)