From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Environment 2013 and Application Builder

Solved!
Go to solution

I've built executables using the application builder addon.  There are no calls to external .dlls, etc.  I've had several coworkers install the latest runtime environment on their machines but they still cannot run the executables.  Machines have been rebooted, standard troubleshooting.  Are there other files I need to get them to install?  This seems like it should be a simple process....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joe.miller

The easiest way would be to create an installer by yourself - you do own the application builder, so create an installer which includes the correct LabVIEW runtime engine and any other drivers you might need (VISA, DAQmx, ...).

Installation of the runtime engine is possible too, but be careful:

You need the correct full version of the runtime engine. For LabVIEW 2013 32-bit it would be this one here:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2013-sp1/4539/en/

NOT the smaller web-browser plugin.

If you happen to use LabVIEW 64bit, you need the 64bit version of the runtime engine.

In summary, lots of errors possible.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 5
(2,480 Views)
I didn't realize the bit-ness of the runtime environment depended on the labview version, I assumed it depended on the user's CPU. I'll verify versions and fix that if that's the issue. Normally I would do a custom installer, but all of my users are on IT controlled machines. Admin access comes at significant delays, so frequent releases of updates from me to them would be a major hassle
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)

I do understand the problem with IT... but: for further updates just distribute the new exe (like now) and let users exchange the old exe by themselves (like now). I would assume that you need IT support for the installation of the runtime engine too.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,449 Views)

32 bit installer fixed the problem, thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,415 Views)