LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running two loops with data dependancy; One continuous one periodic.

Solved!
Go to solution

Firstly, sorry if a similar question has been asked/answered before. I have done some searching and can't find anything that seems to match what I am trying to achieve. Perhaps I'm not using the right words.

I am trying to control humidity in a chamber. I have a sub vi that takes in input from a humidity sensor and outputs humidity readings and also the time required for a humidifier to run.

Where I am having difficulty is that I wish for the data from the first loop to be continously updating to see current humidity levels, but also to periodically every 5mins (currently 2000ms for debugging) run a separate loop that will run the humidifier for a required time.

Please what would be the proper Labview way of achieving this goal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Newbie_Luke

Sounds like a Queued Message Handler is what you need.  It is similar to a Producer/Consumer in that you send commands to the second loop via a queue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,435 Views)

The structure for QMH just knocked the wind out of me, it looks so complicated. This may take a while.

Thanks for the reply crossrulz, description of it sounds like exactly what i'm after.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,426 Views)