LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running multiple VIs?

you can do many things with prod/con loops and state machines....  Smiley Wink

you are very limited with flat seqiences... maybe use one or two frames to force executions of functions and that is about it, otherwise it can run on and on, when you could put each frame (also with stacked ones, not very readable)into a case statement to begin with. block diagrams can get quite large on my 800 x 600 monitor (jk).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(359 Views)

Apok, why do you have timeouts on your notifiers? This defeats the purpose of using notifications since the timeouts will turn it into a polling system.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(346 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

Apok, why do you have timeouts on your notifiers? This defeats the purpose of using notifications since the timeouts will turn it into a polling system.

to be honest....a bad habit. know that you had pointed out, was it really needed? prolly not, but i was just pumping the vi out quickly without thinking...  Smiley Sad

thanks for pointing it out...was not needed! i think the moon was full and i did it on an empty stomach and the kids were yelling and it is just me in this department doing the work of PCB Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Design Engineering and Software Programming departments and the economy and it's an employer market and.... Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(340 Views)

Apok,

You forgot Quality Control, Shipping, HR and Payroll.  I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to help.

Lynn

Message 14 of 14
(313 Views)