LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Web Server for External access

Just getting up to speed on using 8.6 Web Services.

The simple example of using the RESTful build of a vi which adds two numbers entered in the URL is fine.

I now wish to have access to send and receive data outside of our LAN.

How is this now best implemented into our Company Server which currently runs our standard site under a microsoft Web Server?

Do we need to:

a) install Labview onto the Company server and run it alongside the uSoft Server or will this conflict?

b) turn off the uSoft server and run the LV one, then include our HTML web site

c) Or, can the built lvws code run managed under the uSoft Server?

A little confused here, any answers?

Regards

Paul CCS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)

Paul,

There are a few ways you can go about this- it really depends on your needs.

a) This will work if you have the two servers listening on different ports. Otherwise they will conflict.

b) This will of course work. I wouldn't recommend replacing your entire web server unless your web site is very simple. It seems to me like there is too much that could go wrong. I can't imagine any IT department would allow this.

c) I have to admit I don't know exactly what you mean by "managed". There is not currently a mechanism to embed LabVIEW as a module in another server. If IIS has the ability to do this, I'm not aware of it.

d) Another option is to configure your external web server to proxy requests to your LabVIEW web services. LabVIEW could run on the same server machine or another and the Microsoft web server could forward requests for particular URLs over to LabVIEW. This is what I would probably do.

Nathan

Message 2 of 2
(2,163 Views)