Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running LabView 7.1 with PCI-6251 in Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

@bibo702 wrote:

Hii !

I  wanted to  open a programm that greatly runs under Labview 7.0 (on windows Xp ) with  the new version labview 10  on windows 7 but it doesent work .

A lot of error message indicating that there are  many miissing files .

Can anybody help me  to salve my problem ? Smiley Sad

Not with the information you provide by any means!!

You don't go to a car repair and tell them your car doesn't work but it is still somewhere else and if they could tell you how to fix it without having a look at it!

And even the little information you provide is at least ambiguous. LabVIEW 10 doesn't really exist, that would be maybe LabVIEW 2010 but could be something else.

What do the error messages say? Have you tried to understand what they say? Have you installed any drivers that where used in the old application after you installed your new version? Do you even know what drivers the application uses? NI-DAQ, NI-488, IMAQ Vision, etc. etc?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,436 Views)

Hi

Sorry for the lack of precision  but i am just not used with labview .

Actually the programm i am working on has been done wiht labview 7 .The programm can be executed normally  on Windows XP  and  i can open the main.vi normally on labview 2010 . 

Howeve , as i tried to open  the programm with labview 2010 on windows 7 some of the VIs couldnt be loeded and i did got this error:Capture.PNG

fehelermeldung.PNG

I thought about remooving the block diagramm from the Vis  but i am not sure thats the right solution .

i based my thoughts from thease  forum

http://www.opal-rt.com/KMP/index.php?/article/AA-00758/0/TestDrive-software%3A-LabVIEW-version-compa...

http://www.opal-rt.com/KMP/index.php?/article/AA-00758/0/TestDrive-software%3A-LabVIEW-version-compa...

i will be gratefull for some help ! thnx !!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,402 Views)

Removing the block diagram is not the solution but is in fact what created your problem in the first place. Someone (maybe the original devoper?) decided that his successor should not get it to easy and removed the block diagram from some VIs. Those VIs can still get loaded and executed in the original LabVIEW version but as soon as your LabVIEW changes, LabVIEW has to access the block diagram to recompile the diagram code into its executable format. Without block diagram this is not possible.

You will have to search the original source code that still contains the block diagram! i'm sure your company uses some form of proper source code control, right??

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,391 Views)

how do i know if the Vis   i am working on got their  blokck diagrams ?  Because i cant even open them on labview to check it . Besides , i am normally working with the original source  programm  .

PS : I tried to open the sub VIs on Windows Xp with Labview 2010  and i got the same error message .

If you need  more details just let me know ,Thnxx !

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,377 Views)

If you get this error when tring to open a VI, it has no diagram. Possible reasons are twofold:

1) Someone did explicitedly remove them for whatever reasons

2) The VIs got corrupted

Either way the only way to solve this is from backups before the incident happened!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,364 Views)

Hii !Smiley Happy

I was wondering if  the missing Vi's are not  ready-made or standard  Vi's from National instrument or  package to fascilitate the work .

When i try to open any (not only the yellow one ) of these Vi's ( from this "data.llb" ) i got the error message . Can you take a look at these screen shot , they may help.

2222.PNG111.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,336 Views)
Whoever created that llb not only removed the block diagrams of custom VIs but code to include functions from vi.lib folder. In order to use the equivalent functions from the current version, they would have to be deleted from the llb. You would still have the problem of not being able to open the custom VIs. No way around that except by locating the originals.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,263 Views)

I found an other version of the programm and it does work thnaks !!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,229 Views)

@bibo702 wrote:

Hii !

I  wanted to  open a programm that greatly runs under Labview 7.0 (on windows Xp ) with  the new version labview 10  on windows 7 but it doesent work .

A lot of error message indicating that there are  many miissing files .

Can anybody help me  to salve my problem ? Smiley Sad

Bibo,

Start a new thread (i.e. make a fresh New Message).  This one is already marked as having a "solution", so many will disregard it.  It is also considered rude to "hijack" someone else's thread and say "Me, too".

When you do eventually post, give as many details about the program as you can (attaching VIs that don't work is an excellent idea).  If you have error messages saying there are missing files, spend a little of your time and get a complete list of the files that LabVIEW 2010 cannot find, and post them in your message.  This may lead to a very quick solution (someone might respond "You need to install the Flammistat Routines from NI") (don't worry if you don't know what a Flammistat is -- no one else does, either).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,220 Views)