LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running EPOS 2 Maxon Motor via Labview2010

I have just started using Labview (2010 version) And am trying to run an EPOS2 Maxon Motor but unfortunately I keep getting errors. All I want to do is just to make the motor move for now. Speed etc does not matter at this stage. Could someone kindly take a look

at my attached file and let me know where I'm going wrong. Keep in mind I'm have a total novice in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,175 Views)

@abcxyz123 wrote:

I keep getting errors.

And what are those errors?  Or do you want to make us guess?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,150 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not listing the erros. Perhaps, you could run my attached file and take a look at the errors? If you are not able to, I've listed some of the errors.

Block diagram erros:

SubVI VCS Open Device.vi: SubVI is not executable

SubVI VCS Set Protocol Stack Settings.vi: SubVI is not executable

SubVI VCS Clear Fault.vi: SubVI is not executable

SubVI VCS Set Enable State.vi: SubVI is not executable

etc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,134 Views)

I can't run it because I don't have those subVI's.  It is just as string of question marks.  They are probably a part of a driver or toolkit you downloaded.

Where did they come from?  How did you install them?  If you open each one up, what does it say inside?

My guess is that something wasn't fully installed, perhaps a .dll they call, and that is why they aren't executable.

In short, the problem is not in your VI, it is in those subVI's.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,121 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,098 Views)

I see on that page of the manual, step 2 says, "Make the file “EposCmd.dll” (for Windows 32- Bit) or “EposCmd64.dll” (for Windows 64-Bit) available".

I wonder exactly what that means.  I'm a pretty savy PC guy and I find that statement rather ambiguous.  I don't know how any of their users with lesser amounts of experience could possibly understand that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,080 Views)

I have attached the Epos library I used for the MAXON 2 control  (LV2014... maybe you are ready for an upgrade?).

Functional blocks are in EposLibrary.llb

There is a demo lvproj file. If you follow that you should get it going!

Good luck!

D.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,062 Views)

.gz extension?  I've never seen that one before.

It would be better if you reposted that as a real .zip file since that is the more universal zip format.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,053 Views)

it's RAR, but I can't select Rar's... so renamed it to .gz  = GNU Zip...   it opened for me..

so if it doesn't open, rename it to RAR!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,016 Views)

RAR is not that common either.  Just upload it as ZIP.  The zip format is built into Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,999 Views)