LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run compiled application (LV 8.6) without run-time engine

My vi does not require drivers either, but this is what happens when I try to run the application with the RT files in the same folder as the app on an NI-free computer running Vista x64:

Message Edited by AntLee29 on 02-03-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by AntLee29 on 02-03-2009 12:09 PM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,098 Views)

Hi,

The run time engine has system libraries that have to get installed in certain places that won't be present if you just copy the folder over.  If you want to deploy an application to another machine, you have to properly install the run time engine.

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,063 Views)

waldemar.hersacher wrote:

I made the test with LV 8.6 on Windows.

I used a VI which does not need any drivers neither serial nor any other hardware execpt the graphics card.

I made an application from this VI on my normal development machine and checked that it will start and work as expected.

I setup a NI free partition with Win XP Prof. SP2. I have some non NI programs installed like a virus scanner, defragmentation tool, Adobe Reader, a drive imageing tool and WLAN drivers. The .NET Framework 2.0 is installed.

I copied the application and all files under National Instruments\shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.6 to the machine in a temporary folder.

I booted the machine into this partition. The application will start and work as expected. You do not need to make a complete runtime installation until you do not need any drivers.

The above mentioned folder has a size of about 64 MByte. Dependent on the application and desired languages you can remove parts of it.

Dennis,

during the various LV 8.x versions it was possible to do it as described above exepct one version, 8.2 I think, which needed an ini-File in the Windows folder.

And it will also fail as soon as you are including Advanced Analysis Library function. They reference the Intel MKL Library that needs to be installed in order to be found correctly (some registry settings need to be present to tell the AAL DLL where to find the actual MKL library).

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,042 Views)