LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate header of the table control by 90 degrees.

Is there a possible way to rotate the header of the table control by 90° same like changing the label of any control or indicator  programmatically? Likewise rotating the headers in excel. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,439 Views)

Unfortunately, no.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,428 Views)

There is no native way to do this, but depending on how much time you want to spend you could probably do this with a combination of an array of picture controls, which move with the table, and lay over top the header to look like it is part of the header.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,411 Views)

Capture.PNG

Something like that?

Those are string controls resized with the background set to transparent and the caption shown rotated and placed over the control body floated over the column headder row.

Not super elegant, but if you need to go there  it can be done

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,399 Views)

Soon this (and much more) will be possible Smiley Happy
https://twitter.com/rajsite/status/474814384401707008

I build web apps for LabVIEW
http://chrislarson.me
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,389 Views)

@ ould you please upload the example

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,372 Views)

Here's an example of what I was thinking.  Of course with an array of picture controls that means all columns would need to be the same width.  Of course if you don't have horizontal scrolling you could get away with fixed images.

Now that I think about it what is wrong with just some string comments on the front panel of the column text doesn't change, and no horizontal scrolling.?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,352 Views)

@Hooovahh : Yes, exactly this is my next question Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,336 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Here's an example of what I was thinking.  Of course with an array of picture controls that means all columns would need to be the same width.  Of course if you don't have horizontal scrolling you could get away with fixed images.

Now that I think about it what is wrong with just some string comments on the front panel of the column text doesn't change, and no horizontal scrolling.?

You can't really get a ref to the comments and set them dynamically or change their possition programatically  But if the headders are static that is a relativly simple implementation.  Right about then the spec will change to make them dynamic

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,316 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,294 Views)