LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary Encoder loop

Hi,

I got the attached pic from the link here,http://www.jgorasia.com/Files/Fall09/robotics/Gorasia%20Actuation%20and%20Control%20Lab%20F09%20FINA...

In the Encoder loop,i would like to know what will the code for false case to find ticks/count and also for DCS1 Index position.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,338 Views)

Top case (DCSI index position): nothing.

main case:

Nothing happened (encoder did not click), so value of all 4 shift registers stays the same

Message 2 of 8
(3,296 Views)

Thanks,i used that logic in my code,i see that the value output of that mentioned in the link with my value output has mismatch.

Could u let me know on this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,274 Views)

Perfect example how aligning and avoiding spagetting wires prevents errors. 

"Value in all shift registers should stay the same" - it means output of left shift register node should go directly into right shift register node (except encoder position that can be reset, but when Reset=False, it is connected). On original diagram it would result in 4 straight horizontal wires.

On your diagram top and bottom node values are lost - they are not connected anywhere. 2-nd goes into 3-d and 3-d - into 2-nd

Also, clean boolean traces, that part also might have errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,255 Views)

//

(except encoder position that can be reset, but when Reset=False, it is connected). On original diagram it would result in 4 straight horizontal wires.//

These 2 lines are contradicting for me.If 4 lines then encoder pos must also be connected but you said that is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,238 Views)

Sorry, they are not completely horizontal. They save shift register values

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,227 Views)

Thank You,i will try this and let you know incase of any issues.

I have 4 single cycle timed loops each for PWM and Duty cycle(Pos & Velocity).I would like to know if this is correct as the output(p) and output(v/a) are always 0.Also it is advisable to use 4SCTL in one project??

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,214 Views)

pls find other 2 attachments here

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,213 Views)